Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010 Christmas Projects


Yes, it has been a while. I'm sorry. I'm sure you will agree with me when I say November and December were a blur. The busyness of the holidays has finally slowed down. So, what have we been up to since Thanksgiving? 

The title says it all!

I have been itching to share my projects with you, but they were top secret till after Christmas. Before I begin, I would like for you to look at the following pictures.

 Thanksgiving 2005...




and then there was Thanksgiving 2010...



 This year we added a few more characters...







We like to wear our dessert before we eat it. Just so we can use the sink for bathing. 

Clay played camera-man. 
We won't attack people with expensive devices in hand. 

Who knows what will happen Thanksgiving 2015!

Back to Christmas. What a sweet time of the year! We had a great visit with family and friends during our 2 week stay in Memphis. I played a Christmas Elf this year and here are some of the projects I worked on:

Mod-Podge Design & Scripture on Canvas with Copper Wire 

Acrylic Design on Carafe

Acrylic Design on Initial with Protective Sealant for Outdoor Use

"Wreath" Decoration Added

Scrapbook Frame Design with Painted Cork-Board Overlay

Olive Jar with Painted Lid and Soap Pump Added
Wonderful Idea Courtesy of Melissa Dark.
You are an inspiration in my life!

Jelly Jar with Ribbon Added & Wrapped

Various Homemade Cards.... MANY of these babies made!

These were so much fun and I was able to use my Crop-A-Dile for the first time!

"Natural" Packaging

Same Painted Frame as Above. This time I layered scrapbook paper, crackled the frame paint, and added a wooden initial.

THEN... this was my favorite Christmas project. I had a BLAST!
My first taste of sewing, also courtesy of Mrs. Dark. I sewed the felt stockings together, cut out the felt flower designs, added complimentary fabric to certain layers with fabric glue and then hot-glued completed flowers to the stocking itself. 
Hope some of these give you ideas for creating your own homemade gifts for next Christmas or any other special occasion! In my opinion, there is nothing like receiving or making a homemade gift, no matter how big or small. Let's face it, we guard our time much more heavily than our money. Knowing that someone took their time to create something unique rather than pull merchandise off the shelf brings a smile to my face.

Love,
The Hibernating Elf



1 comment:

  1. Danielle,
    I LOVE your projects! I wish I was that talented. I still use that cute blessing jar you gave me last year. Love reading your blog!
    Laura Wall

    ReplyDelete