Friday, January 7, 2011

Muffins That Taste Like Donuts!

Have you ever had one of those moments you just want.... no, HAVE to bake something? I do and today I did. Actually, I just finished about 30 minutes ago. 


I know, I know... baking muffins at night? 


Trust me. Total PM yumminess!


I, like many others, am a loyal follower of The Pioneer Woman's Blog. Her food blogs are amazing and incredibly easy to follow. She showcased this recipe about a month ago from another lady, so I printed it out (as I do many others) and saved it for one of these crazed baking moments. 


Quick and easy muffins that taste like donuts! What more could a girl with a sweet tooth ask for?


One of the greatest attributes about this recipe is that all of the ingredients are staples of any kitchen. Flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, oil, sugar, 1 egg, milk, and thats it! Nutmeg may push it for some... but after this recipe, it won't. 




"Muffins That Taste Like Donuts"


Preheat 350 Degrees and either A) grease or B) place muffin cups in a 12-count muffin pan.


Combine: 1-3/4  cup all purpose flour, 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (I grated fresh, which in my opinion is always better). Set Aside.


In Another Bowl, Combine: 1/3 cup oil (I used Canola), 3/4 cup sugar (white), 1 egg, and 3/4 cup milk (I used 0% and it worked great). 


Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to combine the two. 


Distribute the muffin mix into pan. I used a 1/3 measuring cup and the mix divided PERFECTLY into the 12 cups. 


Bake 15-20 minutes. THEN, melt 1/4 c butter in small bowl and create a cinnamon/sugar mix (1/3 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon) in another dish. 


Yea, you know what comes next....


When your muffins are done, dip the top into melted butter and then into the cinnamon/sugar mix. Bliss!


Your DONE! Easy-P-Z.


Confession time. There was a little butter and cinnamon/sugar mix left.... so, I combined the two, making a delicious paste of "Paula Deen" yumminess. Warning: If you too, lose sight of your waistline, like I did.... make sure you are prepared to take just one bite and run the rest under the faucet. It was a sad sight, but I knew we had to part.


Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! The base of this recipe is great and you can get creative by adding your own favorite fruits, spices, or flavorings. I definitely will!


Sweet Dreams.


Awaiting My Breakfast Donut,
Danielle

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear! These look amazing. I saw the recipe when PW posted, but now that you've validated their awesomeness, I'm trying to resist the urge to go whip up a batch RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete