Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2011' Beginnings

I love the start of a new year. Re-organizing and cleaning makes me happy. You name it, I re-fresh it in January: computer files, closets, drawers, under the bathroom sink (fun one), car, filing cabinet, books, and any other nook and cranny I can get into. Call me crazy, but I LOVE the feeling of knowing that I am organized. 

The Lord has also done some re-organizing of His own in our life during January. He placed Clay at Life University in Marietta, GA, where he now lives and attends school. I am SO proud of him and excited that he is doing what he has always dreamed of, becoming a Chiropractor. Due to a couple pre-requisites, this quarter is focused solely on Chemistry I & II. I'm totally feeling for him, because not only is it Chemistry (which I despise), it is an accelerated 10 week class, for both courses. Yikes! 

After the first class, I would look like this...


Then, I would be doing this...


Permanently ending up like this...


It's sad, but true.

Fortunately, my husband is far better than I in Chemistry. He made an "A" on his first exam!! Whoo-Hoo! I can't tell you enough about how proud I am of this guy.

As for me, I am now working full-time at FPC as the Children's Ministry Assistant. I enjoy what I do and am blessed to have a supportive unit around me everyday. I plan to transition to Marietta late June/early July and hope to have a teaching job by then. I have applied to Marietta City Schools and Cobb County for the 2011-2012 school year. I am excited to see what happens!

Starting a new year also brings the beloved "New Year Resolution." I decided this year that I would take the whole month of January to decide what I wanted mine to be. For once, I wanted to make a year long commitment that meant something by New Years Eve. So, for me, I have decided to have my school loans payed off by the end of the year. A great deal of sacrifice and discipline will have to take the forefront of my financial priorities like never before.  

Bye Marshalls, Target, & Michaels, bye Starbucks, bye $4.99 VitaTops, bye Fresh Market, bye Chic-fil-A.....

Oh, Baloo, what ever shall I do?




To be honest, I'm actually pretty excited about living on very little each month in order to do something grand! It's a great way to be creative, financially and even with other things, like clothes! We all have that section in our closet full of clothes we hate to get rid of because we love them so much, but rarely wear them. Well, when you have nothing new to add to your wardrobe, the "usual" things become old, so you are forced to wear "all" things and create new outfits! Who knew budgeting could be fun!? (Ask me how I am doing in a few months.)

Learning to be content in any situation, like Paul, is something to be desired. I want to believe and embrace God's peace, knowing that it is greater than the world's problems.... 

Here is to a new journey, simplicity, and fun weekends with the hubby! BTW did I tell you how proud I am of him?

Cheers!
Little Britches 

No comments:

Post a Comment