Tuesday, February 15, 2011

An Adventure Fit for Two in Love

I was pumped for TWO weeks straight about cooking a Valentines dinner for my sweet hubby Friday night. Little excessive, maybe... but I was cooking in OUR apartment with OUR tools for MY husband. Once again, little excessive. Sorry, I can't help myself.

The plan: Clay goes to class and I go to the nearest Kroger. I come home, start cooking. Clay comes home, SURPRISE!

The menu: Baked chicken over PW's mashed potatoes, topped with goat cheese and a sun-dried tomato butter sauce with a side of Espinaca (A spinach recipe I have kept hidden for a few years. It's from Abuelos and it's his fav.)

Well, the day started off like any other. Clay got ready for school and left, while I got ready and focused for a major grocery run. Ok, this is a first... just play along.

I got in my car, ready to take on a new adventure, pulled out of the apt complex to the light, put on my blinker, and waited patiently for the light to change. And waited. Traffic was moving very nicely from the other three sides of this square of changing lights, but mine was not. Why me? Was I not on the "line?" Did I drive up at a bad time?

Not too sure of anything other than the fact that by now, the light had skipped over me THREE times! I had to do something. I called Clay. We discussed the situation and during our convo, the light skipped me a FOURTH time. That was it. I told Clay I was going for it. I was going to make my left hand turn green light or no green light. As I was pulling out into the middle of the intersection, feeling like a just told those traffic lights who the new boss of Marietta was, Clay quickly interjects, "Watch out for the cameras!"

If I were in Fred Flinstones car, my heart would have hit the pavement, it sunk so fast. The traffic lights just smacked me in the face and made me beg for mercy.

At this point, Clay so desperately tried to reassure me that the cameras were probably CCTV cameras and not ticketing ones. I clung to what little hope I had left in me and then all of a sudden, it dawned on me that I left my entire shopping list at the apartment!

Strike 2!

So, I turned back around, waited at yet another light..... and SAT there THROUGH a light change because I looked down for TWO seconds, praying for patience I'm sure.

Strike 3, I'm out of the game.

I was already over the day and I get a call-back from Clay. He said his class was cancelled and that he was on his way back. So, I reassessed the plan and decided that it would be a lot more fun to go shopping with Clay and cook the dinner together. We did and had a fantastic time. I loved every moment of it and thank the Lord for always knowing the bigger picture. If I wasn't stuck at the light, hadn't forgotten my list, and had a blonde moment.... I would have already been at the grocery store without Clay. This was a great reminder of the Lord knowing what is best for me and pushing me through, even when I fail and get hung up in the small stuff. He had a wonderful evening planned and wanted to bless Clay and I through it. Shopping and cooking together that night was such a testimony to how much we have grown together and something I will forever cherish.


Delish!
Massive Slice of Heaven from Marietta Diner... one of our new favs

BTW... PW's mashed potatoes were amazing!!!! She mixes in cream cheese, 1/2 & 1/2, Lawry's seasoned salt, and lots of butta to 5lbs of Yukon Gold nuggets of goodness!

Our Valentines weekend ended Sat night because Sunday is a study day for my hard worker. Or so I thought.

I was at work yesterday and received a call to come downstairs for a delivery. I made my way down, opened the door, and the first thing I saw was a gy-normous helium heart balloon, followed by flowers and a gift! My first thought was, "How is this going to fit in my little car?" As I am holding the balloon expressing this thought to my co-workers, I am surprised by tight hug and kiss to my neck. Surprise, Clay! He drove down to personally deliver his precious gifts and take me out to dinner! I can't help but have a smile on my face while sharing this with the world. I am incredibly blessed to have such an amazing husband!


When we got home from the church, we decided to have a little fun with Hugo....

Awe... I love you too!
I love the expression on his face..... he wore that balloon with honor!
Run Hugo Run! 
Phew! Nice catch Clay!
Hugo's attempt to escape via air reminded me of this...



I received UP (AMAZING), Pixar short films, and the closest I will ever get to biting into a Willy Wonka gummy bear! 

Hold onto your gummies kids! If you were bam-bazzled by my palm-held gummy, your gonna want to see this: 

Hilarious!

On a more serious note:

To My Carl,

I couldn't have dreamed of a better best friend to spend the rest of my life with. I cherish you more and more with every breath I take and consider you my greatest treasure on earth. The Lord has used you in so many ways and I am forever grateful to Him for allowing you to be the biggest inspiration in mine. 

I can't wait to share moments like this:




Love,
Your Ellie

2 comments:

  1. Hooray!!! Yay for fun Valentine's day. Your dinner looked amazing. Up is so cute...except that I was so not prepared for the saddness!! I had to stop the movie because I was crying over this cartoon! Love you guys and I love that you have your apartment, your stuff, and your hubby all in the same place...now if we can just get YOU there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the most talented most beautiful person I know and I am so happy you are my daughter....I love you so much Danielle.

    ReplyDelete