Thursday, March 10, 2011

Starbucks, my friend.

Dear Starbucks,

Thank you for being so good to me this week. Sunday you gave me my favorite Tall Non-Fat Latte with 1 pump of Peppermint for FREE! Reason? Because the sweet lady at the window said that your computers were acting "wacky" and handed me back my gift card. When I offered to pay cash, she kindly waved her hand at me and said with a smile, "Don't worry about it." I was amazed. 

Your drive-thru this morning added icing to the cake you gave me on Sunday. I handed, yet another sweet lady, my gift card and she said that charging for 1 pump of peppermint was "ridiculous," so there was no up charge. I totally agree with her and thats why my card is registered. Therefore, I'm not charged for flavor shots. But, I appreciated her precious gesture of saving me a couple Washingtons. She hands me my latte with a smile, I drive off and then realized...whoa, wait a miniute.. I have a grande.

I am not a grande kind of gal. I like the amount of milk in the tall and 1 shot of espresso. It's perfect. Everything is doubled when you size up. Two shots of espresso? Not since my college exam week days. Wow, I am saying that like I am so old. Only two years ago. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Sorry for the digression, it's the second shot. Anyway... I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your kindness this week and the amazing people you have hired to take my money at the window in exchange for a delicious pick-me-up.

P.S.- I will meet you again tomorrow with a dear friend of mine. Will you put one of those sweet window ladies at the front register around noon? I know you won't let me down, and, oh...totally digging the mermaid's new style!

Thanks, friend.

Note to All: Addicted to Starbucks? No. Busy week? Yes. Do I do this all the time? No. Will it happen again? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment