Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sweetness in Age

by skippy0723


"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day." 2 Corinthians 4:16

PW is having another photography contest and the theme is "beauty." I have had the pleasure of enjoying some incredible photos this week. Today in particular. 

As soon as I laid my eyes on this picture, my left hand went to my chest, I gasped (soon wondering if anyone heard me), and tears filled my eyes instantly. Stunning. Absolutely beautiful and I have no clue who this woman is. You simply must click on the picture to see the beauty and calmness within her soul up close. Where do I see this, you say? Her eyes. Her precious smile. 

Clay called me while I was admiring this photograph and I cried even more when I was trying to explain how it touched my heart. He probably thought I was a nut. 

Maybe I am. If I were, I would be a Circus Peanut. 

Why?

Why not? It's a marshmallow disguised as a nut. Wouldn't you rather look like a nut than actually be one?

Tangent. Sorry. As I stared into this woman's eyes, 2 Corinthians 4:16 popped into my head. Outwardly, she is very fragile, old and wrinkled. Yet, when you look into her eyes, you see depth, wisdom, humbleness, joy, and most of all, perseverance. She is still there, brimming with life even though her body may not be able to keep up as it did before. People in this stage of life are a special gift to anyone who is willing to slow down and listen. Oh, the stories she could share!

The dynamics of this photograph are unbelievable to me. She reminds me of heaven. Do you see it?

Sometimes, I don't think I fully understand how deep God's love is for us. 


To me, this picture is a sweet reminder...

Keep'em coming PW!

C.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment